Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Rainy days are perfect for Rug Hooking !

It is pouring here today. A perfect day to bake some cookies & do some rug hooking !  A few weeks ago Saundra from Woodland Junction challenged anyone to hook a circle rug. I have been wanting to make one , so I joined the fun ! It is taken me a little while , but I am getting there. I am trying to decide what color background to use, should it be dark or light ??? I want to use it on my coffee table , I know it may get spilled on, so maybe I should make it neutral shades ??? Then I also need to decide what to do for my border......decisions, decisions !

   Hopefully April showers will bring may Flowers & Warm ,Sunny Days !!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh I agree, great hooking day while it rains. Love your work, Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin' your circle rug! I vote for a dark background, but that's what I almost always go with.
    Happy hooking :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good! At first I was also undecided on what color background but went with the dark. You're inspiring me to pull a few more loops on my penny rug now, but am having so much fun hooking on the cat rug.

    Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi NMK, thanks for your comment on my blog. I appreciate your visit and comment.
    Your circles looks great. Hooking circle is such fun... I'd go with a dark background also.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your rug, I just got out some burlap to make one of this yesterday.
    Your rug is so pretty. Very nice hooking too.

    ReplyDelete