Wednesday, February 11, 2015

A Cold, Snowy Winter and Cabin Fever !

I have been busy since Christmas cleaning the house, going thru drawers and hibernating this winter. The freezing cold weather and lots of snow have kept me inside long enough !

Rug hooking has been fun to pick up again. Last year Sandra, from Woodland Junction had a challenge for a Hit & Miss rug. It was fun sorting thru left over worms and making new ones ! I finally finished it the border & steamed it, now I just need to bind it.

Laurie from The Wooly Red Rug and Lori from Notforgotten Farm have booth hooked a pretty heart chair pad in shades of blue. I have always admired theirs, so drew my own pattern . I have a cute old chair for my Grand daughters to use when they visit, it will be perfect on it ! They will have fun throwing off over and over again.

The Santa Rug pattern I purchased from Maria at Star Rug Company. I used some old wool roving I had for his mustache and beard. I liked leaving some of the neat curls exposed.

I hooked some small hearts just for fun. One of the hearts, the top one is made from wool my Mother brought home from Scotland years ago. It is her family tartan ! It will be finished for her Valentines Day gift.

Keep toasty warm and hopefully you are not baking and eating chocolate chip cookies like me !!!

2 comments:

  1. What wonderful projects! Aren't Maria's patterns the best?
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some great pieces there and so glad you got your hooking groove back!

    ReplyDelete