Friday, July 14, 2023

My latest hooking project ...

 A good friend asked me for a green colored bench with a hooked design for the top . She is an amazing gardener . She grows her vegetables from seeds , some saved by her Father every year . She has everything from lettace , tomatoes , corn and potatoes to pumpkins ! I knew to hook a design with those on the top of the bench would be another fine cut project ! I drew my design to show her what I was thinking and luckily she was so excited about it . 

I needed a little brake from hooking . I recently purchased the new Smart Punch Needle tool from NotForgotten Farm . It is great ! There is an indentation for your thumb , so you always have the needle in the correct position. 

Still hot & humid here in New England and today it is pouring rain .....a good day to play with my threads & think of a new design to hook ! 



8 comments:

  1. This rug is wonderful!! What a fortunate friend you have - she is going to love it! I have one of the smart punch needles....haven't punched for almost a year I think.... Another thing I need to get back to! I know I have at least one project started but unfinished and many on my wanna-do list! Still no rain to speak of here. And now the smoke is returning. :-( ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute design. Am guessing it wasn't punched with wool strips tho, right? I haven't done needle punch in years and have a couple different needles. Since my old selection of threads is embroidery floss that's all I have to use. Always loved the look of Valdani but oh my it's costly and to start a new thread collection would be exorbitant. Cant wait to see your new project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This all hooked with #9 wool strips .....I don't want to touch my # 3 & #4's for a long time !!!
      I love the Valdani threads too and was able to purchase them wholsale , so it wasn't as expensive . My project is looking wonky though ....guess I need more practice ???? Have to re-do the design ...one side looks nice , the other side looks pretty sad . Darn

      Delete
  3. What a sweet piece for your friend!

    ReplyDelete