Tuesday, February 6, 2024

A few hooking projects ....


 I was house bound for the past few weeks during the bitter cold , gloomy , dreary days , so I kept myself busy hooking away ! 

I always like the antique patterns with just one house , so I drew this out and it fits perfectly on an end table . I was trying to create a blotchy background , but that didn't come out as I had planned , I reverse hooked little sections and decided that was enough , it wasn't easy for me . 

Then the other day Saundra posted some great antique rugs with hearts ....so I drew out this design to hook .The antique was a square , but I made mine a rectangle to fit a coffee table . 


Lori Brechlin from Not Forgotten Farm posted a heart shaped candy box filled with her pretty Valdani threads . My heart went Pitter Patt again !!! I am a sucker for Hearts ! Saundra suggested it be great hooked ! So I traced out 3 different sized circles . Then yesterday started on the circles ....this is fun  ! I am only using worms . I was afraid I would get bored , but I am really enjoying it !

Hope you are having fun hooking some Heart designs too !!! 

8 comments:

  1. The only heart project I did this year was making some from a vintage quilt. Cannot wait to see yours hooked. I do like the house one. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your house mat! It is truly old looking - so authentic with its soft muted colors. I'm sure your heart rug will be equally beautiful - and know you, you will have it hooked in time for Valentine's Day. Sadly, I've made nothing heart-related this season. Just didn't have the "heart" for it I guess. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having a bad cold & feeling lousy helped me to hook away ! Have fun hooking your Stag !!!

      Delete
  3. The house mat looks great and you did get some blotchy spots in so good for you. Looking forward to both heart rugs ~ the one in progress which you spoke about and the one you drew.
    OH! and after I looked at Lori's heart filled threads thought it could also be a 'standing circle' filled heart. So whoever reads this comment may want to do that too. Have fun gals!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought if I made standing circles that would take too much time ! Stitching all those down would take too much time for me !
      Maybe I can get lots of blotches in the circle and heart design .

      Delete
  4. You have gotten so much hooking done. Yeah for you!!!
    Blotchy is not easy for me, either. Saundra makes it look so easy...sigh. I guess she has had a lot more practice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saundra is so good at making her rugs look so nice and old .
      I have been having fun hooking my heart out !!!

      Delete