Saturday, July 6, 2024

A Few New things !!!!

 I hooked this Sheep and my plan was to make it into a pillow . My husband had another idea for it ! 

What a great idea !!!! The Sheep actually look like they have wooly bodies !!! And you have to add one black sheep !!! LOL 


In the meantime I have been busy hooking this new pattern from Woolen Memories called "This And That "  It has been so Hot and Humid lately , I am staying in the house to hook . 

I might have to tweak a few colors that don't show up well . I'm not sure how to hook the border yet . I was hoping Sandy has finished her pattern to see what she did , She hasn't posted hers yet . I also changed my mind about the background color two times and decided a dark background shows off all the colors better . If this heat lasts all week , I might get it finished !!!! 



13 comments:

  1. You have been on a hooking and blog posting frenzy and I'm loving it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly are a speed hooker!!!!! I love both the sheep and your work in progress. The latter looks like it is done in a relatively fine cut? Just beautiful! (Like your husband's accoutrements as well!) ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to use some #4 cuts for some of the details in "This Or That " rug , but jumped right back into my #9 cuts for the background . Thank you Robin !

      Delete
  3. I like the sheep! You've gotten the "sheepy" texture just right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! You are just super hooker. The sheep is so sweet and your new piece is a wowzer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Lauren !

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are as speedy hooking as I am stitching. Loving all of them. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janice , your cross stitching is so pretty ! My eyes just can't do that anymore . There are so many great patterns out there . Hooking is easier for me !

      Delete
  7. What a cute way to display your little lamb! I love the dark background on "This and That"! Very cute rug. Not sure I'm up to hooking in this heat. Jan in MA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't stand this Heat & Humidity , so stay in the house with the air conditioner & keeping cool . Hooking is keeping me Happy !!!

      Delete
  8. Adding a black sheep is such a fun idea – it would definitely add a unique touch! I love how the sheep look like they have wooly bodies; it must be so satisfying to see your vision come together.

    Your new pattern from Woolen Memories sounds intriguing! It’s smart to stay indoors with the heat and humidity, and hooking is a perfect way to keep cool. I’m sure tweaking the colors and the border will make it even more stunning. The dark background choice sounds like a great decision to make those colors pop.

    I hope the heat allows you plenty of time to finish your project. I can’t wait to see how it turns out!

    By the way, I just posted a new blog entry on how to style jeans and a tank top for date night. I’d love for you to check it out when you get a chance: https://www.melodyjacob.com/2024/07/how-to-style-jeans-and-tank-top-for-date-night.html

    ReplyDelete