Monday, June 26, 2023

 My Sister -In- Law asked me to make her a blue bench and hook Hydrangeas .for the top of the bench .  I could not say no to her , so went to Pinterest for ideas , then asked my rug hooking friends for suggestions .  

My first idea was to use linen that was dyed a nice blue color to hook on , so the blue linen could remain visible for the background . Then I bought a pretty Sari Ribbon with the colors of hydrangeas thinking I could hook pedals with that ....well that was not easy to do and I didn't care for it . 

Another friend suggested I use a # 6 cut for wool strips . but that just looked funny to me too ....so I went thru my very old worms that I first learned how to hook with ....#3's & #4's ......I never thought I would be using these again , but they really worked well . 

So here are my results .....


My plan is to hook a basket , the leaves and the background all in a # 9 cut .  This was very challenging and I hope she will Love it !!!  I can't wait to hook with my wide cuts again !!! LOL 

I will post this again when it is All Done !!!!

8 comments:

  1. Lovely and know she will adore it! Yeah sometimes those narrow cuts ARE useful, lol. But like you prefer to hook with wide cut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3's and 4's!!! You are a better woman than I am. It is looking good so far and I am sure will be perfect when done. I look forward to seeing it finished ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ....all those thin cuts are put away !!!

      Delete
  3. Wow that looks so awesome! Cannot wait to see the finished piece. I was actually thinking about doing a mat for one of my benches when I have time of course. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you have to also hook a piece to change out for the season !!!!

      Delete
  4. I am liking what I am seeing. It sounds like your SIL has an awesome SIL. 😉 Funny, I did a few fine cuts when I first learned hooking and then discovered wider cuts and never looked back LOL. Looking forward to the finished gift! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete