Saturday, June 22, 2024

I found a Good Size Rug to Hook !!!! And a few small patterns to hook ......

 I have been busy hooking away .... I found a great " Big Girl " rug to hook a few weeks ago . It was at Heavens To Betsy's April Hook In .  It is By Red Barn Rugs , the name of it is called "Colleen" .  It is the largest rug I have hooked in years , it is 40 inches wide by 28 and one and a half inches tall.  Friends offered me some great worms to use, because I didn't have enough ...this was really fun hooking the background . .My dog and Grand Kids have all laid down on it , was so funny , they love how it feels . 



I also was given this cute little Sheep pattern by Heavens To Betsy . It was a nice break while doing the "Big" rug ..... It is only 16 inches wide by 13 inches tall. I pulled the loops up a little higher for his body.  I will make this into a pillow. 



Then a friend gave me this pattern of a Pitcher with Flowers paper pattern to hook . It was in an issue of Rug Hooking magazine . She knew I love yellow ware and thought it was something I would have fun hooking . Then after visiting Rug And Pugs recent blog where Lauren took a class from Ali Strebel ....my mind kept me awake for a few nights with an idea for flowers to hook. Our hydrangeas have so many flowers on them this year , we have never had so many wonderful flowers ....so this is what I


did !!! The flowers is a pattern by Susan Gonzales Designs . Making her flowers was really fun . I will hang this piece up on a wall . My husband has made a great new narrow shelf to hang it from ,. When it is completed I will post it . We will also be happy to make this neat new way to hang your hooked pieces ! 


It has been so Hot and Humid all week , so I am glad I had lots fun things to hook ! Hopefully our weather pattern changes and will be more comfortable . I miss being outside ! And will hundreds of weeds growing all over ! 

6 comments:

  1. You mean to tell me you've had these rugs for all that time and didn't show us any previews or updates on any of them? Isn't there a sorta code among we rug hookers, lol?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, nice work but would have been even more fun to share in your progress reports.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza!!!! You be one speedy hooker!!! I know that first pattern by Red Barn Rugs....it's by Cathy, my hooking friend and neighbor "down the lane." She is very fond of hooking "big girls." LOL. I think her rugs get bigger with each one she does. Your smaller mats are wonderful too. I love that sweet sheep - and your hydrangea blooms are AMAZING! Can't wait to see what you and hubby have cooked up for displaying it! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it was easier to see all of Cathy's patterns , she has beautiful patterns I have seen people working on . Has to be so nice to be at her shop and see her wools & patterns.

      Delete
  4. Holy moly!!! You are one speedy hooker. I have seen that pattern in person and it is definitely a big girl.
    Cathy has so many wonderful patterns, but they are difficult to find ;-(
    Your hydrangeas look great! Everyone is saying how prolific theirs are blooming this year. I have a few plants that have more blooms than ever, and another one or two with a couple or no blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Lauren ....It almost looks like we live on Cape Cod with all the flowers on hydrangeas !

    ReplyDelete