Sunday, March 12, 2023

I have been busy !

 I have joined a great group of women to gather twice a month to do rug hooking . It has been so much fun and inspiring . We all hook differently and just share tips and help each other with color planning . Some hook in 3 and 4 cuts and a few of us do 8's and 9 cuts . Most of these women have been hooking for years and have taken classes from famous teachers , like Barb Carroll and Jan Hester and Betsy from Heavens To Betsy . They have great stories ! 


This pattern is my current project . Summer Basket by Woolen Memories . I Love Sandy's patterns . She doesn't live too far from me, so I buy her patterns and she has the nicest


over dyed wools that are all washed and ready to go ! 

The fnished pattern is from Heavens To Betsy , it is called Early Morning , this was a pattern by Payton Primitives . The needle punch design are both Lori Brechlin's from Not Forgotten Farm I made a few years ago . 

These gals have gorgeous rugs they have hooked and introduced me to a Wonderful World of Hooking !!! I will have to show you in an upcoming blog post  !!! 

Back to hooking !!! 

8 comments:

  1. Lovely finished projects and really like your in progress piece as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so inspiring to get together with like minded souls!
    Lucky you to live so close to Sandy. She has so many wonderful patterns. I have hooked at least two that I can think of ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never hooked with other woman , so this has just been wonderful !!!

      Delete
  3. So wish I could find a group to hook with here in Michigan Your rug looks fantastic! Also like all of your other projects. I dont know how to punch needle. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you can meet a local group of women to hook with . The women I met , saw me on FB & and reached out to me !
      Punch needle is fun to do , I learned how to do it better by taking a class from Lori Brechlin , it was a great class . There are lots of good videos she has and the Old Tattered Flag has good ones too .

      Delete
  4. Hey Nancy, love the rugs and display. That top one I hooked as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margaret ! I am almost done with Summer Basket ....with the upcoming storm , I hope to finish it . Nice to hear from you ! Hope you are busy hooking too !

      Delete